Servo Motor Repair Company
Established in 1993: Accu Electric Motors Inc. is the leading independent repair facility of specialized servo motors, drives and robotic equipment in North America.
With over 15+ engineers and 45+ employees, Accu is committed to providing quality products and services that continually meet and exceed our customer’s expectations.
- More than 200,000 units repaired.
- All major servo brands serviced, as well as unique proprietary brands.
- Over 1000 different servo makes and models
- Over 85 years cumulative experience
- Around the clock shifts allow us to have 24 hour rush turnaround / Rush technical support service.
Years Of Experience
Hour Technical Support
Repair vs. Replace
Should You Repair a Failed Servo or Replace one?
A failed servo motor is never a good thing. Aside from the expenses of halting production and the costly downtime of finding the right solution, there’s another important question to ask: Should I repair a failed servo or simply buy another motor? The correct answer to this question can mean the difference between a lengthy and expensive situation and a prompt return to production. When deciding between repairing or replacing a servo motor, consider these factors:
- Why did the motor fail? What were the symptoms?
- Is there a spare unit on hand that can be put into service?
- Is the machine down? What is the cost of continued downtime?
- What is the cost of a new motor? Is it immediately available or is there a lengthly lead-time until it can be delivered and put into service?
- What is the warranty (in-service) for a repair?
- Can you find a servo repair vendor willing to provide a free quote? Can they do so in a timely manner?
- Is the repair vendor reputable? How long have they been repairing servo motors?
- Even if the repair is more than 50% the cost of buying a new motor, can the machinery be running more quickly than buying new?